Thursday, May 04, 2006

"Tain't What it's Cracked up to be!

As a product of the so-called age of the liberated woman, I have often wondered if the "fulfillment" of my profession is directly related to how tired I am. Well, I got the answer today in an article I read on Yahoo News, which I quote:

"Employed mothers reported spending on average 44 hours a week at their outside job and 49.8 hours at their home job, while the stay-at-home mother worked 91.6 hours a week, it showed."

93.80 working hours for the mom employed outside the home, on average. Well, in my daytime job we routinely work 50-60 hours a week with no overtime pay, so let's adjust those stats just a wee bit. 109.8 hours of work a week, my home job and outside job added together. Subtract those hours from the sleep I could possibly get if I weren't doing either job.

It would seem I am working 18.2 hours more than the stay-at-home mom, and sleeping 18.2 hours less.

Let me know when I am feeling fulfilled, y'all!

Please don't mind my yawn.

1 comments:

MC Bradley said...

Are you saying you'd rather have been one of those lazy stay-at-home moms who only work a hundred hours per week? How unmotivated!

-the other, other, other Mark-who wonders why acting like a man is a celebration of "feminism" and why masculinity is declared by "feminists" to be superior to femininity-